LitWorld Reading

May 31, 2010

We Reached our Reading Goal!


At the beginning of the school year, I challenged my reading class to read 40 books during the 2009-2010 school year. A difficult, but not impossible goal.

I challenge myself to read 75 books starting January 1st, 2010 to the end of the school year.

20 minutes a day was reserved to use as S.S.R. (sustained silent reading)
.
Students were encouraged to read from a number of different genres.
All this was kept track in a reading notebook. I also tracked mine on our class blog, listing books that may interest other readers. Additional reading time was needed to reach our goals.

This weekend was tally time... after checking notebooks, I found many students had reached either my 40 book goal or a personal goal of their own.
The most read this year was 51-way to go!
I reached my 75 book goal on May 25th! It wasn't easy
but was a lot of fun and entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'll have to join with you next year and set a few goals of my own.

    ReplyDelete