LitWorld Reading

August 23, 2009

Welcome!

You are now officially a 6th grader at Oelwein Middle School! Our first few days together flew by without much time to really settle in and set a routine. Moving from classroom to classroom and meeting new teachers can be challenging. In the next few weeks, the pace and expectations will become familiar and it will seem as if you have always been a middle schooler.  Believe it or not, the end of the year will be here before you know it.


Spending time with old friends and meeting new friends makes this a great place to be. I was pleased to see many students volunteering to help others. I heard "Please" and "Thank You " in the hallways, cafeteria, and in my classroom over and over again. Smiles were everywhere!


I hope you were able to rest and relax this weekend. I spent most of my time reading. My favorites this weekend were: The Schwa was Here By: Neal Shusterman and The Sixth Grade Nickname Game By: Gordon Korman. Both books have a middle school setting that we all can relate to. Let me know what you are reading, I'm always looking for a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment