LitWorld Reading

August 7, 2010

Back to School: 2010


A little girl had just finished her first week of school.
"I'm just wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write - and they won't let me talk!"

The school year 2010-2011 is about to begin and I can promise the students in my classes we will read, write, and talk! As I prepare for the first week, I am excited about all the new ideas and opportunities I want to share with with you. Summer time allows us time to relax, review and rejoice. Summer time gives me hope- hope for now and the future.
  • I hope you were able to enjoy a good book.
  • I hope you were able to spend time with friends and meet new ones.
  • I hope you had some time to do what you wanted to do.
  • I hope you were able to do something new, something challenging, and something memorable.
  • I hope you were able to explore a place you would like to return to someday.
  • I hope you feel every day counts-that you are not "just wasting your time."
So, there it is- my hopes for each of you while in my classroom and out... let the school days begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment